HOME   •   BLOG   •   CONTACT US   •   PRODUCTS   •   TESTIMONIALS

Status on the 2017 Nuc Season

Greetings my seasoned and aspiring fellow beekeepers. It has been a while since I’ve formally reached out to you with a communication

Our River Rd. yard

regarding the 2017 nucs. This year truly has been a wild season to say the least. Warm spells, cold spells, rain, hail and snow, etc., you name it we’ve had it this year. One thing that has benefited the most from this season are the weeds, oh are they growing like crazy, keeping the weed eaters going constantly. Nevertheless, the honey bee is a resilient insect, and in our yards, they’ve done good for themselves so far.

As you can see in the pictures, the nucs are progressing nicely, and we are getting to the point where we are comfortable to release them. I understand many of you are you are anxious, and I can  tell because of your emails and phone calls. So here is some news for you, bee wise the wait

These nucs are good-to-go.

is over, and now it is time to start getting the shipping containers ready to transfer the bees in, and have you pick up your nucs or be delivered to the post office for shipping. So say in a week or two we should be all caught up with this.

As far as the honey flow season goes, believe it or not we’ve had our major sources of nectar bloom almost all at once, and I can only think of the reason for this being the very mild winter. All of that to say that perhaps here in the Mid-Atlantic we will be starting to feed bees early this year. But whatever it takes to keep this beneficial social insect alive and well, and around for future generations to know and enjoy in one way or another.

Main nectar sources.

Until next time, and I will try to keep these posts coming more frequently.

Charles

6 Comments to Status on the 2017 Nuc Season

1. Craig Chelednik's Gravatar Craig Chelednik
    May 10, 2017 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Do you have any Russian Nucs available?

Last year I was on your list but never heard from you when to pick up.

This year I sent an email about getting a Nuc but did not hear from you.

Do you have any available?

2. Amber's Gravatar Amber
    May 22, 2017 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Dear Mr. Walter,
    Thank you for the update posted May 8th. Since I will be receiving my nuc via the mail, I am curious as to any expected shipping dates. With the long weekend coming up, I don’t want my bees left in limbo in a shipping facility if you send out later on this week.
    Thank you for your time!

3. Darren Ross's Gravatar Darren Ross
    May 25, 2017 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Update on nucs?

4. Nickie & Phil's Gravatar Nickie & Phil
    May 30, 2017 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Good morning Charles
    Just checking on the eta of the nuks. We are super excited to get our bees to work
    Nickie

5. Barbara Burry's Gravatar Barbara Burry
    July 19, 2017 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Hello Charles,
    I just read your May 8th blog and saw the pictures you posted along with it. I hadn’t seen the yellow-orange blossoms of a tulip tree in many, many years. By the way, the bees we bought from you seem to be doing very well.
    Thanks,
    Barb

6. Konstantin Gerasimov's Gravatar Konstantin Gerasimov
    November 8, 2017 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

Hi, Do you ship out your NUCs to State of Washington?
    Or local pick up only. Where are you located?
    Konstantin.